Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Sunday 1 April 2012

Spring is here at last

Hi Everyone

In true British style everyone is talking about the weather.  For the last couple of weeks here in the South West of England we have had wonderful sunshine each day.  Of course, sceptics are debating whether this is actually our summer.  Either way it is lovely, the flowers are coming out, leaves are bursting forth on the trees and the bees are buzzing. 

I may have mentioned it before, but when I am up in my Wendy Room I look out on our little orchard in which we have 1 nectarine tree (labelled as a peach), 1 cherry tree and 2 Victoria plum trees.  All are either in blossom or about to be.  Even the roof of the Wendy Room is buzzing with insects who are feasting on the sedum that covers the roof.




My apologies that these pictures are on their sides but I hope you can still appreciate how beautiful the blossom is.

Yesterday Becky and I went to Jumble Jelly in Bradford on Avon again to do the second needlefelt workshop.  This time we were making chickens.   The fibres felted together much quicker it seemed but that's probably because I knew what I was doing this time.  I must say when we had all finished and we put the chickens together in the middle of the table they looked like a proper flock of hens and made us all chuckle.


Happy crafting.

Philippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment