Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Friday 16 November 2012

Computer frustrations and general busy-ness

I am so sorry for not posting for a little while.  The Best Beloved has changed computers for me and being a real technophobe I have been shying away from learning where to plug things in on this new one.  I know it's silly but computers are a necessary evil in my mind so the less time I spend on one the better.

It's also been really difficult for me to drag myself to work when the weather has been so wonderfully sunny even if there has been a decided chill in the air.  I am lucky enough to work in the World Heritage Site of Bath, and one day I looked behind me and saw the leaves were all falling off the trees.


I really wanted to be out there kicking my feet through them as I have done since I was a child. 


It seemed as if one minute the leaves were on the trees and the next they were just a carpet on the ground.

Queen Square doesn't look like this now because the tractor arrived together with men with big blowers and all the leaves were sucked up.  That's the trouble I suppose with Bath being so beautiful, it has to be kept that way. 

Yesterday was a good day at work though because after 2 very late nights I finally finished the advent calendar comission.   I hung it above our stairs and it greeted me in the morning.  It looked really quite at home but I know it will be enjoyed in its new home too.  Still I was sad to see it go.



Onwards and upwards.  Tomorrow I am at Spirals Christmas Craft Fair in the Town Hall, Marlborough and no doubt will have a lovely time playing shops again.  If you are there do come and say hello.



Px

4 comments:

  1. Well good morning! Bath does look beautiful. I hope you get to kick through some leaves soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bath is beautiful and I'm very pleased to have such a lovely view from my office window now. It certainly beats the one I had before which was just traffic and another office building (not quite so easy on the eye).

      Delete
  2. How lucky to be in Bath - especially lovely at Christmas time with all the twinkly lights!
    Love the Advent Calender - you are ahead of time so well done indeed. I have ideas but nothing put into action...
    Enjoy the weekend
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Bath does look lovely all lit up but it annoys me that if I want to get anywhere at all I have to fight my way through crowds of tourists, and if it is my lunch hour and I'm in a rush I'm afraid I might sometimes get a little huffy. Next week the Christmas market arrives so that will mean even more crowds.
    As for being ahead of time with the advent calendar that depends on when the clock started ticking which in this case was actually a year ago. The client has been very patient. I have no doubt yours will be a little more prompt.
    I thought of you today when I saw one of your greeny brown vases at a very disappointing fair. Its funny how I keep noticing all these things that you have in your house when really I had never noticed them before. I hope you have had a good weekend. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete