Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Sunday 24 February 2013

A weekend of contrasts

The fair at the Cheese and Grain in Frome yesterday was great fun.  Despite the bitterly cold weather people did venture out.  I think many of them only came into the fair to get a brief respite from the icey wind.  Whenever I enquired about the weather I was frequently informed that it was snowing.  Luckily there was no snow when it came to returning home.

Inside the hall there were distinct warm and cold spots as some of the heating wasn't working and there were a few drafts.  Fortunately for me I was in one of the warm spots and I had taken the precaution of wearing my furry boots because last month I got chilled to the bone.



New boxes on the stall
 
I had some lovely conversations with people.  Craft fairs are such friendly places I find.
 
 
 
 
My own little parliament of owls made its first appearance too.  I know owls are all the rage at the moment but I couldn't resist making a few in my Scandinavian fabrics.  I think they looked really cute although they are not entirely suitable for children under the age of 3 because some of them have button eyes.
 
 
In contrast to yesterday's fun, today the Best Beloved and I have been painting doors, door frames and radiators in preparation for our relocation Ooop North.  I have come the the conclusion that painting is only marginally more enjoyable than watching it dry!
 
Have a good week.
 
Philippa xx



6 comments:

  1. Your stall must have been busy judging by your lovely photos - hope the painting went well, we were supposed to start long overdue painting this weekend too but did everything else I could think of to avoid it ;0) you have to be in the mood for it alright, but at least you get fairly instant results!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naomi and welcome. I would love to say I was in the mood for painting but it was more a case of feeling guilty because the Best Beloved had spent his Saturday painting whilst I had been having fun playing shops. Its going to require quite a lot of time-sacrifice to get the house up to showroom level again as everywhere seems to be splattered with tiny dots of mud thanks to the wet winter and our two Labradors. Why is it dogs wait until they are inside before shake off the mud? Philippa xx

      Delete
  2. The fabrics are so pretty. I am hard pressed to choose a favourite little owl. And those boxes! Perfect for a little sweetheart present ; )

    Thanks for your comment over at my little corner of the world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, thanks for your nice comments. I love these fabrics so much. I keep saying I'm going to make a big quilt one day but for now I'll just use them for the little things while I am deciding what blocks to use for the quilt. My soon-to-be-daughter-in-law has her eyes on my owls so I shall have to keep doing a head count in case some choose to fly in her direction! Philippa xx

      Delete
  3. Ah I love these and how nice it would be to come along to your stall and meet you in the flesh! Thank you for your marvellous comment and story of your heron, it really made me smile and I hope you are re-assured by my reply. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Catherine for your comments...and your reassurance. Anytime you are this side of the water please let me know and I'll put the kettle on. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete