Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Wednesday 27 February 2013

What a grey day!

I don't know about you but I'm fed up with the greyness of this week so it was a blessed relief to see some sunshine at home time today.  It was still freezing out so not warm enough to have the roof down for the drive home but at least with Spring is on its way I will be able to do so soon.

Still I suppose I could warm some of these up........


They're the handwarmers I make.  I gave some to my father at Christmas time because he had to keep working out in his garage and it was very, very cold out there.  Well it was the least I could do seeing that he was making me shelf units for my stall!

Talking of stalls, on Saturday Libby wanted three of my little shopping bags for her granddaughters and I only had two left on the stall.  Those bags were green with spots and blue with spots and it was important that each bag should be different.  She also needed the bag by the end of the week.  Thankfully I had an hour free on Monday and this was what I came up with:


Libby thinks she will have to put names into a hat to decide who gets this one. 

Enjoy the rest of your week.

Philippa xx

8 comments:

  1. Hi Philippa! Just caught up with some of your recent blog posts. The hand warmers look great! I really should make myself a pair for those early morning walks. Thanks you for your kind words left on my blog!
    Have fun creating : )
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, thank you for your kind comments. I'm a great lover of direct heat so find the hand warmers really useful as they can be tucked in any available pocket or space! :) Philippa xx

      Delete
  2. I think you bring plenty of sunshine into our lives with your skillful work and inventions! Love the hand-warmers:~))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh you are too kind Catherine. I've just got back from walking the dogs and my face is red because I am actually hot from the wonderful sunshine today. That's got to be a first for 2013! Philippa xx

      Delete
  3. Sweet little bag on the door there. Thanks for popping by my blog too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Philippa. I appreciate your comments. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Philippa. I told the ladies I'm not doing the club again in the fall. After three years, I'm pooped. Perhaps I just need a year off. Not sure. One lady cried and I felt guilty. Oh we'll. I need to not have a sewing deadline every month. A bit too much pressure ; )
    Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carla, thank you for letting me know you are not disappearing completely. Enjoy the break. Philippa xx

      Delete