Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Saturday 2 November 2013

Wonderful spectacular evening

Last night I took the family out to celebrate 2 birthdays - No 1 Son's 24th and my father's 84th.  Our trip was to the Bristol Hippodrome to see Slava Snow Show and what a great night we had.  If ever you have seen any of the Cirque du Soleil acts with their larger than life spectacles then you would enjoy Slava's Snow Show and for the greatest enjoyment book seats in the stalls.  We were engulfed in mist, shrouded in cobweb, sprayed with water, climbed over by the clowns (my father had his "wide parting" mopped) and covered with paper snow in a full blown blizzard....and at the end played with ENORMOUS coloured balloons.  I felt sorry for all those people up in the Circles because they only got to watch rather than play... a bit like being the only sober person at a party or the only one without a dance partner.  Have I mentioned I'm still only 6?  I was still finding paper snow in my clothes this morning.

I first took No 1 and No 3 Sons to see this show about 7 or 8 years ago when they were 16 and 9 respectively, and the memories of that occasion were deeply imprinted on them to the degree that it was No 1 Son who wanted to take his new wife (I should just add he doesn't have an old wife, it's just they only got married a few months ago!) to see it.  No 3 Son has always told me he would like to see it again so I made the booking for us all to go it being the birthdays month.

It really was a great evening full of laughter and applause.........and not a single word was spoken on stage because the whole show was mimed.  BRILLIANT.  I cannot recommend it highly enough and it lost none of its magic at being seen for a second time.

Thanks for stopping by.
Philippa xx

PS  I've got some more photos to show you of last week's fair so I'll be back soon. x

No comments:

Post a Comment