Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Wednesday 13 November 2013

I heard sounds that elevate the spirit.................

.......as I walked through Bath today.  There are buskers and street musicians and the man I saw and listened to today was very definitely one of the latter.  He played his guitar so easily I really couldn't do anything other than stop and listen, and my mind just drifted away to another plain.  And who was this man?   Tom McNair.  His face was weathered, his hair in dreads but that man linked to us all.  I admit to being just an incey wincey bit envious of this man who is so very happy doing what he does and who unashamedly shares it with everyone.  I wish I could be more like him instead of so very often weighed down by the Rat Race.  May God bless you Tom (but I think he already has). 

10 comments:

  1. Firstly, how wonderful to walk through Bath!! From all that I have seen and heard 'tis such a pretty town!! Secondly, how wonderful for you to be able to enjoy the sounds of Tom McNair. I clicked on the link.......yes indeedy, what a wonderful way to spend his life, sharing his gift with others, adding a smile to their day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bath is a wonderful city indeed it is a world heritage site because it is so lovely, and I am fortunate to work in Queen Square where the trees are displaying glorious colours right now. I glad you liked Tom's philosophy. His CD has been looping itself in my car ever since. Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never walked through Bath or Queen Square! Maybe someday. Yes Tom McNair is a gifted person and trying to live his dream. And fortunate to have a family who enjoys living that dream with him. So hard to do in this world of ours. Good for him!

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The leaves have been blown off the trees now. I think they have all been chased by the wind across the road and into our office foyer. What a mess! Philippa xx

      Delete
  4. Thank you Wendy for your lovely comments on my blog Thriftwood, and you would be very, very welcome in my shop, if it's still there then (I really hope so). Cumbria is really lovely, I wonder which part yo will be moving to?

    Love Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now let's stay positive Claire - your shop is going to be open forever and we are going to move next year! We're probably going to be living somewhere on Solway Plain but we have yet to decide exactly where. I'll be sure to take a detour to your shop any time we come up. Philippa xx

      Delete
  5. How lovely - I clicked on the link to find out more. Sometimes 'just because' is all that is needed
    Best wishes
    Jenny
    PS How was Harrods?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't get to Harrods this year...well actually I haven't been for quite a few but still have fond memories. Best wishes to you and yours for Christmas. Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have got to know the musicians along the streets where I walk at lunch times. All so talented and working hard for their money. A simple but hard life that they have chosen to lead and I am in awe of them all. I hope you have enjoyed your Christmas. From a new follower x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I have tremendous admiration for anyone who is prepared to stand out in all kinds of weather, laying themselves and their talent bare, for all to see, in the hope of making enough money to feed themselves and their families. Welcome Chel, I hope you had a good Christmas too. Philippa x

      Delete