Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year

I've had a really wonderful Christmas and I know how lucky I am to be able to say that.  It was lovely to spend a few days with all my family and their partners.  We shared gifts, smiles and laughs, but most of all love.





I feel so relaxed now....and I am not the only one!



 
Timmy in his favourite spot.
 
 
2013 has all been about preparing for our relocation Ooop North.  Hopefully next week we will go and have a look at what may be our future home.
 
 
A day or so ago there was an overnight frost and the ground was all sparkly.  I couldn't wait to go out and have a look.
 
First there was the twinkling texture of the crossing




Next there was the carpeted park....

and Ruby decided she would rather stay and play.


Later in the day the Best Beloved and I took a walk in the late sun.
 
 



 
 
So here's to 2014...onwards and upwards.
 
Thank you also to everyone who reads my little blog.  Thank you for all your best wishes.  I hope 2014 brings you all lots of joy.....and I raise my glass to toast you all.  Slante!
 
Philippa xxx


8 comments:

  1. lovely post Philippa, Your Christmas sounds perfect,surrounded by love,what more could anyone want,perfect. Wishing you a wonderful 2014,happy new year,lots of love juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have felt very reflective these past few weeks and it made me realise just how fortunate I am. It is all so easy to be complacent and take life for granted. My heart has really been touched by the plight of the Syrian refugees trying to survive in appalling conditions and closer to home those whose homes were flooded and power lost on Christmas Eve. I have a lot to be grateful for. My very best wishes to you Julie. Philippa xx

      Delete
  2. My, your photos are gorgeous Philippa!! You couldn't be anything but relaxed enjoying Christmas in your wintry wonderland!! I must say that Timmy has the look of one very contented cat!! So happy to have discovered your lovely blog....I am looking forward to seeing what beautiful projects you dream up and fashion this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Sarah Lizzie. Timmy is such a funny cat. The other 2 always pinch his food given the opportunity and yet he is the chubbiest. He still reminds me of a young toddler even though he is 8 years old. Frustratingly I can't get out to my garden room at the moment because the garden is sodden but hopefully I will soon so I'm having to make do with embroidery for the time being!!! Philippa xx

      Delete
  3. Love your cat!We are still missing ours who died in September.He was only 2.Looking forward to seeing what you are going to create in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how big a hole beloved cats leave when they are gone regardless of how long or short the time they have been with us.....and yet I wouldn't be without one. Philippa xx

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh is that your welsh terrier? We had one. He was five when we got him and he came with a lot of issues, but when we moved out here he was SO happy. We lost him in October of last year. And before I get all sad, I will stop talking about him but I just don't think I knew you had a welsh. This was a lovely post. I really enjoyed it.

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to make you think sad thoughts Cindy. Ruby is an Airedale and no she isn't ours. She belongs to a fellow dog owner that we meet regularly down the park and she has this really annoying habit of guarding any stray balls that she finds, and if that happens to be one belonging to us it takes FOREVER to get it back. We have Labradors, a yellow one called Phoebe and a chocolate one called Treacle plus the 3 cats. Characters each and every one. Philippa xx

      Delete