Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Monday 14 May 2012

Hi Everyone

Well, what can I say, other than yesterday I was a very sad lady indeed.  I stood behind my stall at Lacock and smiled, I sat behind my stall at Lacock and sewed and smiled, I smiled, and smiled, and smiled........and the people came and smiled back at me.........and then moved on.  It's very disheartening when you have spent so many hours sewing things that you love and hope others will too only for no-one to buy.  Not even a button.  It's not as if they weren't spending money because everyone else was rattling the pennies in their moneybelts and tins.  By the time I got home my smile was very definitely upside down.

But hey today is another day.  I decided to cheer myself up by setting up my new sewing machine, the one he-who-likes-to-be-obeyed bought for me 6 months ago!  And what was the first thing I decided to make?  A pretty moneybelt in readiness for all the sales I am going to make sometime soon.  I also sent out details of my website to new venues so I have some other events to look forward to.  Plus.....plus.....I am thinking of things to create that will perhaps move me a little away from the nursery.  I really don't know how it happened but that seems to be where I have ended up and it is time for a change.  I'm not saying Smart Ted and the other bears won't come out to play again but they will have to share their table with a few new items.  So watch this space because I think a revolution might be afoot!!!

Happy crafting
Philippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment