Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Friday 4 May 2012

The craft fair season has started!!!!

Hi Everyone

Never let it be said that I am a fair weather craftswoman.  There I was last Saturday over at the Cheese and Grain at Frome when it was cold, wet and windy but still with a smile on my face.  I was so grateful for everyone who visited my stall and enjoyed lots of conversations about the weather....typically British.

Then not satisfied with that punishment, Becky and I thought we would try Lacock on Sunday.  The weather was even worse! I did feel so sorry for those people that had signed up for a coach trip to this beautiful National Trust village.  They had to come regardless and the village was not so picturesque in the pouring rain.  Paul and Sara from Inner Spiral were there with their wonderful felt and hand spun wool creations.  They also sell hoopla hoops and during one of the many quiet spells some of us stallholders were given private lessons in how to do the hoola.  I used to love it as a child and was very pleased to be retaught by Sara.......but then again I am only 6 so its no wonder I enjoyed it as much as I did.  Thank you Sara.

The keen-eyed amongs you will notice a couple of new additions to my stall:  my Dala horses.  I love making these little creatures and everyone is different.  They take quite a while to make and I am getting through yards and yards of ribbon.

A lovely couple at Frome saw them in the morning and admired them, then came back in the afternoon to buy one for a friend in Switzerland and ended up buying 3.  Those are the sort of customers we all love.  Mind you I did the same thing on Sunday with some little rabbit toys.  I tried to choose one but while choosing I decide one was the dad, one the mum and one the baby (even though they were all the same size), and once I thought of them as a family I couldn't break them up so ended up buying all three!

Until our next chat, happy crafting.

Philippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment