Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Hi Everyone

Last night I had a ripping time!  I dug out a quilt that I started making a long, long time ago when I first learned quilting.  Everything is wrong with it:  the materials used, the piecing (I can hear Lee's voice telling me off that those points don't match), the border strips and the wadding.  I really don't know what made me think 6oz wadding would be easy to hand quilt.  So the quilting was pulled out, the wadding removed and the borders ripped off.  I stopped at unpicking all the blocks simply because it is a first quilt and I need to have that bench mark to know how much I have improved (ha, ha).

The hope is that tomorrow I can get the borders remade and the quilt sandwiched so I can quilt it while I am on holibobs.  In the tradition of many a quilter I had intended to give it to No 2 Son while he was at university but as so frequently seems to happen he has graduated before the quilt is finished.  It's only a single size too and the only single bed in the house is No 3 Son's and I have already made him a quilt.

What a quandry!

Philippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment