Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Thursday 23 February 2012

New additions

Hi Everyone

It has been lovely to have some time to spend creating after I finally bit the bullet and cleared up the Wendy Room.  It took me a day and a half to tidy up and I tried to be ruthless when it came to clearing out the excess fabric I seem to have in my stash.  The trouble is when you like fabric it is really difficult to get rid of it.  After all it was bought in the first place because I liked it.  I may not have had a specific project in mind when I bought it but at some point in time it would have found its ideal place in a quilt or cushion.  However, I have come to the conclusion that even if I live to be 140 I really don't think I would be able to use it all up.  Quite a bit (truthfully only some) of it has been put aside for the craft fair and maybe it will find a useful home in someone else's stash.  Then of course there are the old dresses, blouses, shirts, etc.........  And I haven't even started on my books yet!

Anyway as I say I have at least made some room to make a few new things which are now in the shop.  I finished some more of the baby bootees (please note this photo only shows one of each pair).  They're really cute and will look so sweet with real baby feet in them. 



I've been going mad making covered buttons too and have made up a few sets which I've mounted onto cards.  I'll be making more of these soon as they are ideal to do when sitting in front of the television of an evening.


And then just for good measure I made up a couple of coin purses.  The fabric I used is woven rather than printed so you get a different colourway on either side.  I found I had a couple of felt birds left over from the bunting (it's amazing what you find when you tidy up isn't it?) and I hand-stitched these onto one side of each purse.  As I am always keen to upcycle old fabric wherever possible I lined each purse with part of an old tablecloth.



I love all this creating.

Happy crafting.

Philippa x



No comments:

Post a Comment