Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Thursday 6 September 2012

Hi One and All

The sun shone, the breeze blew, and I got busy.


I'm giving this bag to my sister who returns to Egypt on Saturday.  I bit the bullet and cut into an embroidered tablecloth I had that had one or two holes in it to make the pocket on the front.  The outer material used to be a mini dress that my mum had made for my sister back in the '70s. 

I do hope Lorna likes it.  If not it will probably find its way to the Vintage and Handmade Fair on Saturday.  I still have to find a use for the rest of the tablecloth.

Love to all
Philippa x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Philippa, Yes I've noticed very few butterflies this year :( happy to see this one yesterday...
    I'm sure Lorna will LOVE the bag its beautiful and a great way of using up things.Well done on cutting up the embroidered cloth,takes a lot of nerve :)
    Happy weekend,Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I gave my sister the bag I could see she was looking a little quizical as I said I had made it out of a dress of hers. She said it wasn't her dress but Mum's, however, she was very pleased that I had taken so much time and effort to make it. The fact that she lives 2,000 miles away means I won't ever see whether she uses it or not and so can't be upset if she doesn't. If truth be told I didn't think it could be Mum's because I didn't think she was ever that slim. Just goes to show what a bad memory I have. Sorry Mum! xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Philippa - was is difficult to make that first snip! A pocket is the perfect way forward (just as our own mums would have done). To use nostalgic fabrics for the main bag is just perfecto - how lovely for your sister to use everyday and have that memory. Perfecto mundo!
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete