Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Friday 21 September 2012

The yarn has arrived!!!!

Hi Everyone

Being someone who easily gets bored doing the same thing over and over again I have decided to endeavour to make a crochet sampler blanket.  (What did I just say about boredom and doing repetitive tasks?)
It is many, many years since I did any crochet but as its back in vogue I thought it would be a good time to dust off the old crochet hook and give it a go.  To this end I am going to follow Michelle at theheartfeltcompany who has suggested making 4 squares of the same design each week for 42 weeks.  She is going to give instructions for a different square each week.  At the end of 42 weeks (if I get there) each square will be joined to make a wonderful blanket!!!!!

So the yarn was ordered.............
 
 



And today it arrived.........

 
 
 
It was so exciting opening the parcel............
 
 


To find a rainbow within.



I can't wait to start.

Of course if it doesn't work I'll have to find another use for a lot of yarn.  (Note to self:  think positive Philippa.  You can do this.)

Philippa xx



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Philippa! You have won the give away over on my blog! Please email me your address and I will send your prize straight away!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors. I`m sure they will look great in your blanket which you will finish of course :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have every intention of getting to the expected finish but only time will tell! Philippa x

      Delete