Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Sunday 14 October 2012

A Midsummer Night's Dream or Nightmare?

Hi Everyone

Last week whilst at the fair at Pewsey I met a lovely lady called Annmarie.  She was very kind and admired my embroidered buttons.  She went on to ask me if I could make one for her daughter who's name began with the letter "S".  No problem I said.  Annmarie is obviously very proud of her daughter (what Mum isn't you may well ask) and went on to tell me that she is appearing as  Fairy Cobweb in Midsummer Night's Dream.  Could I convey all or some of that on a button please?! I said I would try.  I would just like to mention that the buttons I work on are 22mm which isn't very big is it?

Anyway I put my thinking hat on and during this week I got my needle and threads out, and here is the result.



She looks a little as if she has a Robin mask on as her eye came out rather larger than I had hoped but my eyesight isn't as good as it used to be.  Creeping old age and a chronic health condition have rather taken their toll.  Indeed I have been known to spend several minutes trying to thread the sharp end of the needle. 

Anyway the button is now winging its way to Annmarie courtesy of Royal Mail.

Never one to sit twiddling my thumbs (chance would be a fine thing) I decided yesterday to make a start on some Christmas bunting.  I got as far as six pennants and then I had a little helper come to keep me company....................


May I introduce Jasper who is one of our three cats (Copper and Timmy being the other two).  Jasper loves to come into my garden room when it is raining outside and either nudges my hands asking for a fuss or curls up on my work table thus taking up all the available work space.  I always said I didn't like black cats because I find it less easy to read their facial expressions but Jasper very quickly changed my opinion.  He is about 11 years old now and like me is going grey,and out of the three cats he is my favourite.  Just don't tell the others I said that.

Have fun
Philippa xx


2 comments:

  1. Your button is beautiful Philippa - how on earth do you manage to sew on such a tiny space! I fully concur with your needle threading issues - I have to call the children to do it for me nowadays....
    Have a lovely day
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenny for your kind comment. I haven't heard from the customer but I hope she liked it. Unfortunately I can't call the children anymore to thread my needle because some have left home and the last seems to be forever out (typical 16 year old). I have a number of needle threaders but none of them seem to like the needles I have. Am I buying the wrong needles perhaps? Philippa

    ReplyDelete