Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Monday 15 October 2012

Rain, Rain .............and yet more Rain

Yesterday it was sunny but what a difference a day makes because today it is pouring with rain and freezing.  I should be working out in my garden room but somehow I can't get motivated.  I was out there this morning and finished some Christmas bunting but so far this afternoon all I have managed to do is eat chocolate!

So what to do this afternoon?  Tuck up on the sofa with a hot water bottle and some embroidery I think..........and a good girlie film while the males are out.

Talking of males I thought I would introduce you to Timmy.  Timmy was rescued by Bath Cats and Dogs Home from a house that just had far too many animals.  He wasn't used to being touched by humans at all and to that end you can feel you are taking your life in your hands even now seven years later if you try to pick him up against his wishes.


 
Our other two cats are much gentler natured but Timmy has always been the bravest with the dogs.

 
The Best Beloved says he is not a cat lover but I know that Timmy holds a special place in his heart and I swear he bought this antique chair which stands on the landing especially for Timmy because it is not too high (Timmy is not very good at jumping), it warms up in the sun but perhaps more importantly Timmy can see what is happening downstairs whilst lying in comfort.
 
 
Now what film shall I watch?
 
 
Philippa xx
 
PS  They have just said on the news that is is 25 years since the Great Storm that hit us here in the south of England.  I can't believe it.....25 years.  I can remember exactly where I was at the time, can you?  

2 comments:

  1. Hello Philippa : ) I thought I would pop in and have a look around. Your photos are so lovely. The tiny button---amazing! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog. I would have replied in an e-mail, but you haven't provided one in your blogger account. Have a lovely day stitching and knitting with all that new yarn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and welcome Carla. Thank you for your kind comments. I've started using the lovely yarn but being new to crochet I've had to restart my squares once or twice. I'm not giving up yet though. Philippa x

      Delete