Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Monday 8 October 2012

Busy, busy, busy

I had a stall at a charity fair on Saturday over in Pewsey.  The fair was in aid of the Finlay Foundation and Wiltshire Air Ambulance.  Finlay was a little boy who was knocked down and killed by the school bus whilst holding his mum Niki's hand on the way to school.  I remember it very vividly and was very happy to support the event.   The hall was bustling with people all day and lots of happy shopping was done.  I wish I had taken my camera or thought to use the one on my phone and then I would be able to show you just what it was like.

I too did a little bit of happy shopping as there was one stall where the lady had been having a little bit of a clear out.  Look what I bought:

 
 
A Royal Worcester cream jug ("Do you really need yet another jug" says Best Beloved), a 1950s jam pot (I don't have one of these any more), and a small vase also from the 1950s I believe. 
 
 


I don't know if I dare tell you but the whole lot only cost £6.  Talk about a bargain.

They will be holding another event in April and I have already signed up for it.

I'm really getting into a new collection at the moment.  At the vintage fair that my friend Becky and I did a few weeks back I bought an Alfred Meakin jug from the 1950s with a lovely Paris scene on it.  Lo and behold I managed to outbid everyone for a tureen with the same design a week ago


and as you can see it fits perfectly with the items I bought on Saturday. 

Becky and I went to another vintage fair at Chipping Sodbury recently too and I added a few more embroidered tablecloths to my collection.  I cannot help but be really in awe of the ladies who spent hours sewing such beautiful cloths and it sickens me to find them so undervalued now.



 
 
It can't be right that something this beautiful only cost £4.50.  Is it any wonder I succumbed to the temptation to buy?
 
Philippa x



2 comments:

  1. I have got my beady eye on your tablecloth! Sharps elbows would have been needed had I also attended I think - ho ho! Great purchases - I'm not bitter...tee hee
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't have needed your elbows at all Jenny because it was only me that seemed interested in the tablecloths surprisingly. And I was the only one buying up the china flower brooches too! I have no idea what the ladies were buying, I was just glad they weren't after my things. I did think of you though when I saw the lengths of barkcloth. I kept having visions of your beach umbrella but realised I didn't have the resources to start a collection of that fabric too. I did however buy a pair of ceiling to floor length Sanderson print curtains with beautiful flowers. Maybe one day I will make something different out of them. Best wishes Philippa x

      Delete