Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Friday 4 November 2011

And so it begins....................! Friday 4 November 2011

Welcome Everyone to my very first blog.  I could say I know what I am doing but I am not sure that I do.  All I can say is that you have to dip your toe in the water sooner or later and my time is now.  After years learning how to do this craft or that craft I have taken the decision to try and tempt other people into my little circle.  I like to think of myself as a late developer, and my mother loves to tell people how surprised she was that I should do City & Guilds when she remembers the awful embroidery sampler I produced for my Brownie embroidery badge.  (Why is it that mums love to embarrass their children like that?  Mind you I see it as my role in life now as far as my boys are concerned.  That and to spend their inheritance!)

For years I have gone to craft shows and exhibitions and supported other craftsmen and women and wondered what it would be like to be on the other side of the counter.  Now I am going to attempt to see, and so welcome to WendyRoomCreations.  Why WendyRoomCreations you may ask?  Well last year my wonderful husband built me my own workroom at the end of the garden.  I call it my garden room but he insists it is my Wendy room, as in Wendy house, and there is where I can now play quite happily for hours on end (interruptions permitting) and not have to clear away anything so that the table can be laid or homework be done.  I feel so blessed and I love it.

I've probably gone on far too long to keep anyone else interested but I look forward to updating this blog regularly and will hopefully work out how to add a few photos so you can see what I am getting up to.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment