Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Friday 11 November 2011

Pretty things - just what the doctor ordered

Following on from the frustration in my last blog I took a trip to a favourite antique shop to cheer myself up.  Unsurprisingly I found a couple of "sweeties" that just yelled at me to rescue them from their boredom.


As you can see one was a beautiful hand embroidered tablecloth and the other was a pretty little teacup, saucer, two side plates, cream jug and sugar bowl, all of which have now been added to my growing collection of pretty vintage items.  I also saw a lovely blue and white Victorian cup, saucer and plate set which also cried out to me to be bought.  Well actually there were 2 sets and it would have been very cruel to leave one set sitting there all alone so I bought them both.  Somehow tea tastes so much better out of bone china and cake too off a pretty plate.  And did I mention I also have a bit of a thing for cake stands?  Perhaps I'll take a few more photos to show them to you.

Happy crafting.
Philippa

No comments:

Post a Comment