Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Sunday 6 November 2011

Fun weekend.............Sunday 6 November 2011

Hi Everyone

I have had such a fun weekend making stuff, and thinking about making stuff.  Isn't it lovely just to sit and think about what you can make.  I love it when the creative juices flow.  The trouble is at the moment there are so many things I want to make that when I finally get around to making something it takes ages because I keep thinking what if I do it this way or that way, and one thought just seems to lead on to another that before you know it you have actually taken half a day with not very much to show for it.  And then you get called away to do something else and suddenly "pooph" and the thing you were thinking about has gone completely out of your mind.  I have a terrible memory at the best of times but I hate it when a thought flies in and out again just as quickly before I can capture it.  I am a great one for making lists or writing little post-its, and I must have several little notebooks where I write down ideas or websites that have inspired me.  I have always been a very organised person and with my memory getting steadily worse it is really important that I keep things as simple and logical as I can then hopefully I will be able to remember what it is that I am trying to remember, if that makes sense.

Anyway back to this weekend.  We will be holding a mini craft fair at work later this month so I have been busy making things for that.  All unsold items will be put in my "shop" once I get my website up and running. 

The Christmas elves have been busy in my workroom:



And of course while I was busy making things to sell I also got a little sidetracked and made a present for one of my friends who just loves gingham, hearts and ribbons (a woman of great taste obviously).



Altogether a great weekend - and a red admiral butterfly was sunning itself on the side of the house too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment