Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Thursday 10 November 2011

Frustrating times

Hi Everyone

I don't suppose you want to hear my troubles but I'm going to share them anyway.  We have the builders in at the moment as we are having our loft converted.  They have been here for 5 or 6 weeks now and they are lovely guys but the whole house has a layer of dust that no amount of effort seems to shift.  Now I'm not normally someone who minds about dust.  After all time spent dusting is time I could be using to make something rather than just circulating the irritating particles around the house.  Don't get me wrong, I like a clean house but I am more particular about clean floors than clean shelves.  I think it comes from all those years of having small children crawling around playing on the floors.  And now we have two labradors whose main aim in life seems to be to shed as many hairs as possible over every surface they come in contact with.  How is it possible for them to do this but not be bald?  Back to the builders, the main job has been done and there is just the final snagging to do before the building inspector can pay us a visit and issue us with a nice piece of paper with a big tick on it.  Yesterday the site manager said he was going to come to do something so I was told I could not work out in my garden room in case I missed his ring at the door.  So I spent most of the day sitting inside waiting and waiting and waiting.  At 3pm I rang the dear man to ask when he anticipated arriving only to be told that actually he was tied up on a job elsewhere and wouldn't be able to come until Monday!!!!  Don't you just hate it when they do that?  All that time wasted, and all I had to show for it was a couple of Christmas tree decorations. 

So when I have finished cleaning the floor today I am going out to my garden room to make something wonderful..................and should anyone come to the door I'm afraid they will just have to go away unanswered.

Thank you for listening.  I feel a lot better now.

Philippa x

No comments:

Post a Comment