Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Saturday 15 December 2012

An emotional day

I feel so shocked and saddened today by the terrible events in Connecticut yesterday.  It never ceases to amaze me of the atrocities that one human being is prepared to do to another.  How can a young man be so angry with his mother that he kills her then goes to her place of work and kills so many innocent children and adults?  It really is beyond me.  Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

I remember when a similar shooting happened at Dunblane in Scotland many years ago.  I felt the same sadness, perhaps more so because my own son was the same age as those victims and it could just have easily been my son's school and my son's class.

Life is so very precious.  Why are so many hardened and apparently indifferent to ending it?

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the victims and their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment