Welcome to WendyRoomCreations. I love all kinds of crafts from patchwork and quilting to embroidery, crochet, knitting, felt and paper-making. I hope you will enjoy reading about my latest projects and I look forward to welcoming you into my world.

Sunday 2 December 2012

Now I can rest

It was my last fair of this year yesterday and I met a lot of lovely people at the Corn Exchange at Devizes.  I met some lovely people yesterday and had some really interesting conversations. I'm going to miss that for a while.


 
 
I had a really late night when I was just trying to finish off the last of the strings of Christmas bunting.  I'm so pleased I did because they have now gone off to their new homes.  It's nice to thing of my bunting bringing Christmas cheer to someone else's home. 
 
My head is already buzzing with ideas for new things that I want to make for next year but first I have a few Christmas presents to make.
 
 
We've had some great mornings this week with beautiful pink and turquoise skies, and yesterday we even had freezing fog which meant that everything was covered with glitter.  Truly amazing. 
 
Philippa xx

6 comments:

  1. Just popping in to say"hello".I don't know how I got here!You look to have some wonderful things on your stall.Can we have a closer look?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello and welcome to you busybusybeejay. I don't care how you got here but I'm very pleased that you did. I often think I am just mumbling away to myself so it's always reassuring to know there is someone else out there listening to me.

      I'm not the best person on a computer but I will try and give you a closer look if I can. I love doing embroidery and I particularly love things Scandinavian so the patterns I create are often based on those designs and colour schemes. There are no babies in our family (at the moment) but somehow I have ended up in the nursery as much that I make is suitable for small children (ie baby bootees, crib quilts, and soft toys). I also make a lot of embroidered buttons. And I love playing shops which keeps the small child in me happy!
      Best wishes and keep warm, Philippa xx

      Delete
  2. Your booth is loaded! Those pillows to the left are very pretty ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carla
    If you mean the cushions to the left on the top picture I'm afraid I can't lay claim to those as they were made by Maggie who had the stall next to me but you are right, they were very pretty.

    I actually thought my table was a little overloaded but I never want to leave anything off just in case it is exactly what someone is looking for. I must remember next year that less is more. (Ha, ha, like that is going to happen!)

    How it is in your part of the world at the moment? It's cold here but at least it has stopped raining. We met a family from British Columbia a couple of summers ago and I said how much I have always wanted to go to BC but the teenage daughter complained that it was either covered in snow or was raining. Surely that was an exaggeration or did you pick the only sunny day in the whole year for your profile picture??? Either way I hope you are dry and warm at the moment.

    Very best wishes, Philippa xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nearly freezing here, but it's dry. Kamloops is the desert of B.C. So we don't get lots of rain. Very cold in January and very hot in July ; )

      Delete
    2. Hi Carla, Well it would seem you really chose well for location then. It must be bliss to live somewhere that doesn't rain all the time. Having said that I don't mind a little bit of cold or a little bit of heat but I don't think I could cope with it being too extreme. At least I suppose when it's hot it isn't too humid. Over here if it gets hot it seems to be sticky too. Oh to have a bit of warmth today. Sorry I sound typically British there moaning about the weather! I hope you have a good day sewing. Philippa xx

      Delete